A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, May 25, 2018

Simplicity 1612 Tiny Birds Knit Dress

Girl M is so spoiled sometimes!  I just love sewing up this Simplicity 1612 pattern.  I can usually have it finished in just a few hours.  She never complains about a new dress!

I thought of her when I saw this knit fabric with little birds on it.  She looks good in mustard color too.  I used the flared skirt from the polka dot Derby Day dress and shortened it by 3".  I also had to go down a size in the skirt back to keep it from gaping.  She must be loosing a little weight and getting taller.....

This fabric from FabricMartFabrics.com was on sale for 1/2 price and I only have to use 2 yards to make this pattern.  A $4.00 dress is a bargain!

$4.00 Dress!
Dad jumped in the photo when I tried to get a photo of her dress!

Dad & Girl M

Simplicity 1612 Front View

Side view

Back View

Simplicity 1612

Since we're talking about birds, look at the beautiful Tom that was near our house this past weekend.  It's mating season and he was looking pretty handsome!


Tom

Beautiful Turkey
This post is "going to the bird"!

I'm off to sew something else................

Until next time................

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment