A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, February 5, 2018

Simplicity 1612 Red Dress

Girl M got another dress.  A KNIT DRESS!

I sewed her the Simplicity 1612 with an inexpensive ITY knit as a hopeful wearable muslin.  $7.20 for a dress she LOVED is good.  I'm winning the MOM trophy with her this year so far!

Simplicity 1612


The pattern went together pretty easy.  I was surprised that only a few seams were serged.  The princess seams at the bust made fitting nice but there was so many layers of fabric (unserged) that you can see the fabric seam allowances.

Girl M loved the keyhole at the neck and that ties in the back.  I tightened the gathers on the skirt front.  She liked that look better.

After school try-on picture (She's smiling!)

Simplicity 1612 Red ITY Knit Dress

Back View

With a Denim jacket for Church


This was an easy sew and I really like how it turned out.  I'm thinking another version in a print would be nice.

Until next time................

Bonnie

4 comments:

  1. Mom of the year! I love this. Want one in my size!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why she loves it - she looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. It makes you feel good to sew something they love.

      Delete