A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, February 9, 2018

Simplicity 1612 Floral Knit Dress

Girl M asked for another version of the Simplicity 1612.  How can a Momma say no?

I used a burgundy floral textured double knit.  This fabric was a dream to sew with.  I just had to trim seam allowances at intersecting seams to keep the thickness under control.

I made a maxi version this time.  Again, Girl M was all smiles with her dress.

Simplicity 1612 Floral Knit Dresss

Back View
I'm so happy she liked her dress.  I'm going to put this pattern away now and work on something for me.  I am hoping to re-arrange/sort my fabric storage area.  It's starting to overwhelm me and I can not find anything.

Until next time.................

Bonnie

1 comment:

  1. That is such a beautiful dress! Good luck with your fabric sorting. I recently went through my fabric stash and folded everything so it would sit vertically in bins, which is great because I can see everything at once and remove a piece of fabric without disturbing the other folded pieces. It took me a couple of days, but I enjoyed reacquainting myself with every piece of fabric in my stash.

    ReplyDelete