A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, February 12, 2018

Re-Organize Fabric Stash

Sometimes I should just leave things be.   But I just couldn't.  I get something in my head and it's all I can think about.  I obsess and I daydream......

While looking through my woven fabrics for Dear Daughter a fabric to use on her dress I realize this is NOT how I need to have my woven fabric organized.

Before

Currently I have the fabric organized by color.  Which is great, but mixed in the colors is everything from charmeuse to cotton to velvet.  I just bought two pieces of charmeuse and when putting them away realized I had many other pieces hidden among the colored fabrics!

I plan on purging some of the fabrics and donating some of it to a young lady who started sewing at Church.

It was a HUGE project and I finished in an afternoon!  Oh yeah,  Dear Hubby bought me a label maker for Christmas so I'm going to put that to work too!

After an evening of looking through my Google search and Pinterest I realize mostly people organize scrap fabric or fabrics for quilts.  I only found one or two articles on apparel fabric storage.  And those were about hanging fabrics by either a curtain ring & clip or on a hanger.  Not going to work for me.  I do love my fold method.

I had many more pieces of boucle, chiffon, lining, linen & suiting than I realized.  I also found a few pieces of knit fabric misplaced within my woven fabrics.

After

On the far left (you can't see) is stretch wovens and polyester/cotton blends.  There are a few cubes that are left empty on purpose.  I feel like my fabric can breath...............

Until next time..............

Bonnie




2 comments:

  1. I also organize by fabric type!! I need to find a place to donate some fabric. I have too many pieces that no longer spark anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. I organize by fabric type too.

    ReplyDelete