A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Happy Veteran's Day

Today is a very thankful day.  To all the servicemen, past and present.  Thank you!


We have the beautiful Florida National Cemetery right down the road from our house.  I don't stop in as often as I should.  It's so peaceful to drive through.  My favorite times to go are Memorial Day and during the Christmas holidays.  All those flags waving during Memorial weekend is just beautiful!  During the Christmas holiday they lay wreaths at the graves. 


Florida National Cemetery
 My Daddy is buried here. 

Florida National Cemetery
My Dad and my Grandfather both served.  That's as far back in my history that I know of.........


My Dad
My Dad's High School graduation. December 1974. He enlisted in the Army in 1968 and graduated 6 months after I was born. Thank you to ALL Veterans Today

Today is a thoughtful day, a day of remembering, a day to be Thankful!

Until next time......................

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment