A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Fall Sewing List

Fall is only a million months away here in hot, humid Florida!  But I do get the fall sewing bug when school is starting.  I have a few items I would like to sew up until I can get a few of the fall Butterick patterns that have come out.

Peggy Sagers reminded me in one of her past YouTube videos that it's ok to wear a sleeveless top under a jacket or cardigan.  Now I know this is simple thinking but here in Florida it's a no brainer!  So I think I need to sew up a few more sleeveless tops..............

  • Drape (Cowl) neck tank tops (white, black, navy ,and/or nude).  I'm thinking in an ITY knit.
Drape neck sleeveless top

  • Sleeveless button down shirt (white and/or chambray).  Cotton fabric, maybe something in stretch cotton?
Sleeveless Button Down Shirt

  • Sweater wrap top.  I received my pattern & I can't wait to sew it up! Sweater knit?




  • More cardigans

 
 
McCall 6844 Cardigan
     
  • Denim skirt & maybe one in a faux suede too?
Silhouette Pattern #2913 Nick & Zoe's Denim Skirt

  • Princess seam sheath dress (princess seams at shoulder not armhole).  I saw a ponte knit & tweed version on QVC last week it was soooo cute for fall!

  • Striped vest.  Something similar to the Liz Claiborne version
Striped vest

  • Nightgown & robe set- I have an sheet set that is white with beautiful blue rose bouquets.

  • Knit maxi dress in solid colors (maybe burgundy, navy or black). Either an ITY or a jersey knit.
Knit Maxi Dress

  • Something with fringe too.  Maybe a top or a cardigan or even a skirt.............Fringe! Some type of knit.
 And last but not least,
  • A red knit dress with a leopard print jacket.  I'm wild like that!

Now all I need is a lot of sewing time and a little cool weather.

Until next time.........................

Bonnie

5 comments:

  1. I like your choices. The denim skirt pattern looks very nice. I would love to see that made up. I should replace mine (too small now!). I want to make another M6844. I made my first in a sweater knit that I never got around to taking pictures of. Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. I am planning on making the M6844 in a sweater knit! Great minds think alike! I am also thinking of using a stretch denim for the skirt. Being a plus size, a little stretch helps a lot!

      Delete
  2. Good plan! It's going to be cool before you know it. That reminds me, I still have an unfinished jacket from two years ago, sigh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment. Hopefully you will get to that jacket eventually! I would love to see it.

      Delete
  3. Great line up of patterns. 6844 is a great pattern too.

    ReplyDelete