A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, November 15, 2019

McCall 7803 Watercolor Floral Liverpool Double Knit Top with Peplum


I went outside of my comfort zone and sewed up something new.  I wanted another top to wear with the medallion yellow ponte knit long skirt.  

I worked up a quick muslin for View A and decided to use a double knit fabric so I eliminated the invisible back zipper, the center back seam and cut the back & peplum on the fold.  I raised the front split 2-1/2" for my modesty sake!  I cut out a straight 16 and still took in the sides seams at the waist an additional 1/2".  

This is an easy top to sew up once I made the muslin.  All notches matched up and I am really liking this pattern.

McCall 7803

View A

I used 2 yards of a watercolor floral Liverpool double knit I purchased from Fabric Mart Fabrics.  The fabric sewed up beautifully, didn't need much pressing and feels wonderful on the skin.  

McCall 7803 Watercolor Floral Liverpool Double Knit Top with Peplum
 I love the way the raglan sleeves hang.  They feel fancy!  I was worried that this style would look a little over the top on me but it makes my waist look very small.  I really like the design & style of this pattern.

Back View

Sunday Selfie


I really am liking this top.  It was very comfortable and I may make another version, maybe a solid color and a size smaller too!

Until time........................

Bonnie

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful top and it looks fantastic on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really very pretty and you both are looking soooo good. What happened to styling it with the yellow ponte skirt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. My Mother didn't like the yellow skirt and suggested I wear it with black. It's funny how after 45 years I still listen to her.........sometimes! I thought the yellow one would have looked nice though.

      Delete