A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, November 29, 2019

McCall 7803 Charmeuse Raglan Tie Front Peplum Top

Dear Hubby and I had an event to attend for his work.  After planning to wear this outfit we were informed that the event was un-air conditioned and the daytime temperature that day was 90 degrees!  Wardrobe change!

I used 2 yards of 100% polyester charmeuse fabric from FabricMartFabrics.com for this version of the McCall 7803 top.  The fabric sewed up beautifully and pressed like a dream with a pressing cloth and medium/high heat.  I was able to make a size 16 at the shoulders, bust & sleeve and tapering to a size 22 at the waist & hips.  I'm still a little hippie!


McCall 7803 Charmeuse Raglan Tie Front Peplum Top

Back View

I didn't want a visible hem seam along the hem so I serged the hem, turned up and used a blind stitch hem for both the bottom and the sleeve hems.  Just hidden enough in the print and not much of a visible hem line.

Blind stitch hem

McCall 7803 Charmeuse Raglan Tie Front Peplum Top
I'm off to sew something new!

Until next time............

Bonnie

1 comment: