A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, June 17, 2019

Floral Brushed Jersey Knit Maxi Dress

Girl M. has been blessed with many new pieces of clothing lately!  She asked for a maxi dress with a lower scoop back.  How low can you go and still be modest for Church?

This fabric just yelled to made into a maxi dress and the color looked great on her too.

I used her TNT A-Line tank dress, lengthened by 16", slimmed the skirt below the hips, made a 17" slip at the right side seam allowance, added a little short sleeve and scooped out the front and back neckline.

Floral Brushed Jersey Knit Maxi Dress
I added short sleeves to this version for her.

Short Sleeves
She wasn't home when I made this dress so I had to just guess on the depth of the scoop in the back.

Back View

$8.40 Dress

She loved the dress and wore it to Church the upcoming Sunday.  She received many compliments on the dress and she said it was very comfortable.  She paired it that evening with a denim jacket (I didn't get a photo).

Girl M.
Back View
Another win for this Mamma!

Until next time................

Bonnie

2 comments: