A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, December 15, 2017

Butterick 6247 Sweater Top

I have never sewn with sweater knits.  I like to buy sweater knits.......I have a problem.............

I liked Butterick 6247 pattern and thought maybe it would help my sewing momentum.

Butterick 6247

The pattern is a tunic that i removed 5.75" from the length.  I don't wear tunics.  No real major changes to the pattern, just added a little at the hip seam allowances. 

Butterick 6247 Sweater Top

Butterick 6247

Butterick 6247 Sweater Top
I noted to add about 3/4" to center front since it wants to pull up a little there.

I am looking forward to wearing this top.

Until next time..............

Bonnie

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty

    I love wearing sweater knits but hate sewing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, this wasn't bad to sew up. The pattern only had 5 seams and my machines did pretty good. I will try to sew with sweater knits more often but it's so hot here it may be after Christmas!

      Delete
  2. Bonnie, I love this sweater, I don't know how I left this in the store during the last sale? I made a sweater in a knit similar that I got from Fabric Mart. This looks super comfy and very trendy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a very easy pattern to sew up and there wasn't much fitting needed.

      Delete
  3. Ohh, also, your fabric stash put me to shame, I really need to straighten mine up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me, the stash gets messy. I make sure to try to keep it nice so when I take a photo it's not too terrible. Thanks for stopping by, I would like to see your sewing creations!

      Delete