A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Getting Back Into The Sewing Mood

I made a dress!

A simple tank dress with fold over elastic and bust darts.  Nothing too complicated or fancy.  I couldn't get my cheap Brother to sew the hem with a twin needle so I just settled for a stretch stitch on the bottom hem and the armholes.

This is the same pattern as my favorite purple maxi dress.  I wanted it 40" length (just below my knees).  A little fold over elastic at the neckline, a simple wear anywhere dress.

Pink Black Cream Retro ITY Knit Tank Dress

Neck view

Back view

With my TNT Black cardigan
 I need to make more of these cardigans too.  I wear this black version with so many things in my closet.  Maybe a tan one or even a white eyelet one......

I still have 1 yard of fabric left over, maybe a cowl neck top?  We'll see.

$3.60 tank dress!!!
Between letting my gray hair grow out and starting a ketogenic  diet I should sew slowly.

Until next time.............

Bonnie

3 comments:

  1. The fabric is gorgeous! Simplicity in sewing--love it. Can't believe you made your dress with one yard of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind comments. I like that this Knee length, sleeveless tank dress only took 1 yard, if the fabric is over 54" wide. Sometimes I just get lucky. Doesn't work on one way fabric print either.

      Delete
  2. Love the fabric. I was going to say the same as Robin about 1 yard of fabric. How nice!

    ReplyDelete