A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, August 3, 2020

Vogue 1452 Asymmetrical Knit Top

There is something about this pattern that said I needed to sew it up.  I thought that the top would be very bra friendly, I only wear one type of bra so the clothes have to work with it.  The pattern did not disappoint!


Vogue 1452 Asymmetrical Knit Top & Pants

 I used a piece of knit fabric from my stash for a muslin.  The fit was good. Bra coverage was an A+.  I did have to take in the side seams from bust to waist 3/4"!  The top does need negative ease to fit properly.  Girl M. said my top looked like a swimsuit! Uggghhh!

Muslin

Back View
 My second version was from an ITY panel fabric from FabricMartFabrics.com.  I be creative with the pattern layout and I could have done it differently but overall I am happy. 

Vogue 1452 Asymmetrical Knit Top

Side View

Other side

Back View
This version didn't look as much as a swimsuit as the muslin.  I love the top and it's very figure flattering and cool & comfortable.  I'm thinking of making a version in black too.  Not right away though.

I'm off to sew something new.................

Until next time...............

Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. I like both tops. I have looked at this pattern previously but passed on it as I feel I would not wear it well! Your muslin looked like it was a good fit.

    ReplyDelete