A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Simplicity 5545 Kimono Sleeve Black Charmeuse Robe

I have been wanting a lighter robe for the warmer months.  Sorting thru my collection of patterns I found this Vintage Simplicity 5545 a Kimono sleeve robe

Simplicity 5545


I thought a black charmeuse fabric from FabricMartFabrics.com would make a nice robe.  $6 robe!

Simplicity 5545 Kimono Sleeve Black Charmeuse Robe

Back View

Kimono Sleeve
The robe reminds me of a graduation gown.............but I plan to wear it anyway.  Whose going to see it besides Dear Hubby & myself?

I'm off to sew something new...................

Until next time...............

Bonnie

4 comments:

  1. Years ago I used to wear robes. I made a kaftan for myself and enjoyed it. Now I wear a sweatshirt when I get up in a.m. I am not sure why I quit wearing a robe. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kaftans have been on my mind lately! Hopefully I will get to sew one soon. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete