A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, March 4, 2019

Butterick 5778 Blue White Daub Print ITY Knit Dress

I wore a dress I made from the Butterick 5778 a few years past and realized how much I really like this pattern.  I'm 70+ pounds lighter now but the dress fit nice and I need some knit fabric therapy after the purple faille sheath dress.

Butterick 5778 Dress

Butterick 5778 ITY Knit Dress

Side View

Back View

Front View
The cowl is a little low for my taste but not extreme.  I prefer a little more modest neckline.

Cowl Close-up

I wish I had something exciting to tell you about sewing up this dress.  It goes together very easily.  Nothing complicated.  A quick sew with nice results.


Dressform
I used 3 yards of a blue and white daub print ITY knit I had in my stash from Fabric Mart Fabrics that I purchased in 2018 for $2.99 a yard.  That $8.97 dress!

Dressform
I did finish painting the laundry room and now I'm moving onto the pantry.  It the size of a walk in closet and my ladder barely fits in there.  The pantry was in dire need of a good cleaning and since the laundry room is all cleaned and organized I had plenty of room to store all the food in there temporarily and still find food.

The washing machine decided to die but luckily I still had 2 weeks on the extended warranty!  They were unable to fix it so Lowe's refunded my purchase price of the washer and I turned around and bought another one.  So for $127 I got a brand new washing machine. 

I'm off to paint something else...............

Until next time................

Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You have been one busy lady! Your dress is really cute, very nice drape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Florida farmwife. The dress is really pretty, and looks well on you. Good job!

    ReplyDelete