A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, March 29, 2019

Black & White Scroll Princess Seam Ponte Knit TNT Dress

Update photo of the floral double knit dress I post about earlier in the week.  I wore it to Church on Sunday and received many nice compliments on it.  It's very comfortable and a very stunning floral print.

Dear Hubby & I take a selfie on Sunday (really Girl M takes the photo because we suck at selfies!) My hair looks like Pepe LePew today!  It's very skunky looking.......Oh speaking of skunks we have one that has been hanging around the pool...........I hope it moves on soon.  We haven't seen it but we've smelled it!

Sunday Selfie

Sleeve Detail

Dear Hubby bought himself a hobby truck to work on so now I have a little time in the evenings to sew.

I caved last month a bought some fabric from FabricMartFabrics.com.  I couldn't help myself with the sale they had for President's Day.  But so far that has been my only fabric purchase.  I'm trying really, really hard!

In my recent purchase was this swirl velvet mesh knit I thought was just beautiful.  I laid it on top of a white ponte knit to make the swirls pop.  I treated the two layers as one fabric, stay-stitching around the edges then sewed up my TNT princess seam dress as usual.

I used velvet fold over elastic for the neckline I purchased off Ebay.  I'm excited to wear this dress next Sunday to Church.  I also think it would be a good choice if Dear Hubby has an evening event.

TNT Princess Seam Dress

Side View

Back

$16.00 Dress

Girl M has asked for more Simplicity 1612 dresses!  I'm so happy! 

Until next time...............

Bonnie

5 comments:

  1. I don't think your hair looks "skunky". I think it looks very nice. The dresses look well done. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I've had this skunk stripe for over 15 years, Some days it just looks more "skunky" than others. Thank you for the kind comment on the dress too.

      Delete
  2. I love that floral print dress and what you did with the sleeves! I am glad to see you wearing it. The black and white scroll dress is also stunning. Your hair does not look like Pepe LaPew!!!

    ReplyDelete