A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, February 25, 2019

Sure-Fit Designs Sheath Dress (Woven) Muslin

Using my Sure-Fit Designs since I didn't have a pattern I liked in my stash.  I wanted a sheath style dress with darts in the front and back, back zipper, short sleeves & knee length.  Nothing too complicated except to fit a rectangle piece of fabric on my lumpy, bumpy, curvy self!

The upper chest and bust are a good circumference, the waist is ok too but look at all that extra fabric at the hips.  Wow, where it all that go?  The bust darts are a little high but that's an easy fix.

Muslin #1 Front View
The back isn't bad, definitely workable.


Muslin #1-Back View
After removing over 3" of fabric at the hip side seams, it's starting to look a little better.




Muslin #2
This is a crazy photo shot but it helps me to see if the side seams are hanging straight.


Straight side seams
Still a little pulling at the lower part of the dart.  I'm thinking that curving the dart will help with that.
Also I pinched out the excess fabric at the armhole.

Muslin #2-Front View
I have a piece of purple Faille fabric that I think will make a nice dress for the next version.  

Until next time......................

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment