A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, February 1, 2019

Sewing Machine Mat & Thread Catcher bag

I'm doing well with my New Year's promise to not buy more fabric. 

BUT...........I did purchase one yard of fabric.  I can say it's not garment fabric.....so does it count?  I wanted to make a sewing machine mat for under my machine with pockets in the front to hold scissors and stuff.  I wanted it to match my curtains, sewing machine covers and ironing board cover I had previously made so I went ahead and bought 1 yard of Joel Dewberry Aviary II fabric.  Only 1 yard, nothing extra so I had to make sure to make the best of this yard of fabric.


Joel Dewberry Aviary II fabric

Sewing Machine Mat & Thread catcher bag

Sewing Room

I've unsubscribed to my beloved Fabric Mart Fabrics daily e-mail but I still sneak over there occasionally and longingly looked at what is on sale.  But I havn't  put anything in my cart at all!  I feel like I'm in rehab or just grounded.

I miss fabric shopping.

I made all apparel from my stash this month.  I still have two pieces of fabric on the floor that I can't fit into the unit but hopefully soon I will be able to put them away properly.

Prom has been moved from May to the middle of March this year for Girl M.  I'm waiting for her to tell me she's going and are we shopping for a dress or planning to sew one.

I've been asked to hem a wedding dress...............hopefully this will be an easy, quick hem job.

It's been cold here in Florida, for our standards.

I'm off to sew something wonderful...............

Until next time.............

Bonnie






4 comments:

  1. Love your sunny sewing area. I also am set up right by the window. So much easier to thread needles and pick out stitches in good bright daylight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love being by the window to sew but I seem to collect lighting now that the eyesight isn't what it was. Next on my list will be a task magnifier light! LOL!

      Delete
  2. FabricMart is so addictive! I made a pledge to be more purposeful in my shopping last year and I had to unsubscribe from the emails as well. I did pretty well. This year I do go over and have a browse, but I often find that putting a couple things in my cart and then closing the browser is enough. But then I do get the "you seem to have left something in your cart" emails from FM. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Fabric Mart is my addiction. I browse often but I've been very good this month. One down, 11 more to go! Yes, I get those reminder e-mails too and I try to delete asap!

      Delete