A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Butterick 4937 Eggshell Faille Top

Butterick 4937 in a solid colored cotton/polyester faille fabric.  Loving this top, classy yet cool for Florida summers.

Butterick 4937

Waist View
I made the inside ties from self fabric.  And used a 1" piece of iron on interfacing behind the button to give it a little strength. 

Back View
This fabric is wonderful to work with and is so soft.  Even though it's a little sheer I'm wearing a nude colored bra with a darker print and I can't see it through the shirt. 

"Live model" view

"Live model" doesn't look happy

Back View
I used a blind hem stitch to attach the facing to the shirt.  I also did not use the sleeve facings and just serged the sleeve hem then blind stitched them.

Butterick 4937

$7.20 Top
 Until next time..............

Bonnie

4 comments: