A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Sometimes Sewing Makes Me Cry

Our oldest son is almost done with his one-on-one training with the Police Department and will soon be in his own car and on his own.  He asked me to sew patches on his jacket for him.  Not a problem until I started..........then I started to cry.  Usually I'm honored to sew patches on for "new" hires and for newly promoted.  I'm so proud of them and thankful how they serve our community.  But with your own child you get flooded with memories of how when he was three years old he would dress up like a cop, arrest his Dad and hang his handcuffs off his underwear.  Tears flow thinking how dangerous being a cop has become.  I worry did he get enough training or was there something his Dad could have told him?  He is loving his job and I pray for him daily.


Add caption

I was thankful that there were only two patches to sew, I don't think my heart could have taken any more.

I need to sew something "happy"

Until next time................

Bonnie

4 comments:

  1. Sweet memories. Just know there are a lot of us out here that pray for and are in complete support of our officers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. With all that is reported, it's nice to know there are still people who support law enforcement..

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to you and your son!

    ReplyDelete