A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, April 16, 2018

Ponte Knit Half Circle Skirts

I've used my TNT knit half circle skirt pattern before with ITY knits, this time I decided a ponte knit would be good and I shortened the shirt to 25" and used a 5/8" hem.  I bought 1" elastic by the roll last month from WAWAK for skirt making and it's perfect with this type of fabric.

I thought two basic colors black and blue would be a good start for Spring/Summer skirts.  I like that I don't have to wear a skip if I don't want since the fabric has some thickness to it.

Black Ponte Knit Half circle skirt

Navy ponte knit half circle skirt

I'm excited to have two new skirts so now I'm going to go through my closet of skirts and weed out the ones that "just don't fit right".  Mostly woven ones.

I really need to re-draft my denim skirt pattern, I would like a dark denim, a medium colored denim and a white denim.  I have a white one from QVC 10+ years ago, it's pretty stained now but I love the fit!

Until next time.................

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment