A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, April 13, 2018

McCall 4617 Knit Tops

I need a few casual tops to wear to the ball field.  My wardrobe is mostly Church attire since that is about the only place I leave the house to go to.  I have used this pattern before but it's now too big so I had to go back to the original pattern and re-draft another version.

I like that the top has cap sleeves and a center back seam.  When re-drafting the pattern I used a size 16 at the neck to the waist then added my usual at the hips.

McCall 4617
McCall 4617 Purple Knit Top

$5.00 Top

 It has been a while since I've sewn up a knit neckband and I made it the same size as the neck.  I don't know what I was thinking not subtracting 20% .  Maybe it will lay ok but I may have to fix it.

McCall 4617 Fuchsia Knit Top

$4.00 Top
I think a skirt or two will be in the works next.

Until next time...............

Bonnie

6 comments: