A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Dark Slate Ponte Knit Slim Skirt

I've been wanting to add a gray ponte knit skirt to my wardrobe.  I've hesitated thinking I didn't have very many tops to wear with a gray skirt............Boy was I wrong!  I think I have enough cardigans and tops that I don't even have to sew anything up!

I used my TNT knit pencil skirt pattern.  I did have to take in the waist 4"!  That's a good thing right?

I also lined the skirt.  I'm really liking the feeling of a lined skirt now.  It does make the skirt a little heavier but it's so nice not worry about a slip showing or twisting while wearing.



Dark Slate Ponte knit slim skirt & Lulu

with argyle sweater I'v had for years
 A few months ago I found someone on eBay selling a lot of Bob Mackie & Dennis Basso cardigans and sweaters.  I bought 7 total for $65!  Best deal ever!!!


I think this leopard print sweater needs a pop of color, like a neon or bright color top under it.

Dennis Basso leopard print cardigan
 A Bob Mackie classic sweater.

Bob Mackie sequin feather cardigan
 This Bob Mackie cardigan and tank set wasn't my favorite until I tried it on.  It has  great fit and the fabric is more of a thicker jersey type knit than a sweater.

Bob Mackie cardigan & tank set
 My all-time favorite and very first Bob Mackie sweater.  It really compliments my hair color.

My favorite Bob Mackie paisley sweater
 I didn't even know this would be suck a great match when I sewed the snakeskin top.  But it's one of my favorites.
New snakeskin print cowl/drape neck top
 Something a little more casual.  Would look nice with high boots.

New blue cheetah print jersey knit top

$6.00 Ponte Knit slim skirt w/lining
Now that was a great addition to my wardrobe!  I can't wait for cooler weather (remember I live in Florida!)

Until next time...............

Bonnie

1 comment:

  1. The gray skirt is another versatile piece that you added to your fabulous wardrobe. Luv, luv the Bob Mackie sweaters, they are timeless pieces.

    ReplyDelete