A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, November 13, 2017

Navy Blue Jersey Knit Half Circle Skirt

There are so many different types of jersey knit fabrics.  I found this navy blue jersey knit with spandex in my fabric stash and thought that it would be perfect to make a half circle skirt.  The fabric has a nice wight to it and the stretch is perfect.  I used my TNT circle skirt pattern, two seams and added an elastic fold over waistband.

I have been using Pellon EK130 knit iron-on interfacing for years on both knits and wovens.  It's light and doesn't affect the drape of fabric.  I cut the interfacing in 1/2" strips.  I ironed the strips onto the hem of the skirt, turned up the hem and sewed.  It made the hem crisp and neat and sewing so much easier then when I used the Steam-a-seam 2 and didn't gunk up my needle.

I really like how this navy skirt turned out and can't wait for cooler weather to wear it with boots and a sweater.

Navy Blue Jersey Knit Half Circle Skirt

Skirt Hem

With blue stripe jersey knit cardigan

With blue white broken chain drape neck ITY knit top

With green sweater cardigan

Good news about my foot, between all the wonderful advise of my fellow sewers and my continual "hippy" doctoring, my foot is starting to feel much better.  I wear a compression style sock during the night, do foot stretches in the morning before I get out of bed, wear good shoes ALL the time, rub on some essential oils, started some foot stretching exercises on my pool deck stairs, tennis ball rubs on my foot and just being mindful when my foot feels tired and/or sore.  Hopefully in another month or or so I can update that my foot is healed.

I'm off to sew up something wonderful...............

Until next time...............

Bonnie

2 comments:

  1. If you want to use steam a seam, I recommend the "lite" Works for me with no gumming of the needle! Looks like you have a wonderful add on to you closet with the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, for whatever reason, have a great fondness for navy. I like it with the cardi's, but love it with the navy/white drape neck ITY.
    Happy to hear the foot is doing better. Mine took forever. Don't get slack with the good shoes once it feels better. Ask me how I know!

    ReplyDelete