A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Simplicity 7243 Princess Sheath Dress.......again!

Something in the back of my mind told me to dig out my TNT pattern of the Simplicity 7243 princess sheath dress and make a few more.  I can't tell you how many versions I have made, but here's a previous post.

This black and print ponte version is very slimming and I love how it makes me look like I have a tiny waist.
Simplicity 7243 Princess Sheath Dress

Neck view

Side View

Back View

Then I had to make another version to wear to have lunch with my favorite Aunt.  This one looked so springy and cool.  It's suppose to be 90 degrees here today!

Simplicity 7243 Ponte Floral Print

Side View

Back View

The floral version I had to make a few adjustments to my pattern since I've lost 15 lbs since the first of January.  I took a 1/2 pleat in the pattern at center back and I narrowed the the bottom hem by 1/2" at each seam allowance.  I also had to take in about 1/2" at the seam allowances above the bust point.  My chest must be hollowing out in my old age!

 I am excited to wear both of these to Church.  Since both dresses are sleeveless, I will be wearing some type of cardigan or sweater over them.  I think that I will have many choices to mix and match shoes, accessories and cover-ups with these dresses.

With White Denim Jacket

I am really leaning to making a purple ponte version for Easter.  I'm slowly getting my sewing mojo back.  Dear Hubby will be going back to day shift the first of April and I will have a few days a week to myself again.  But also with the hot weather comes pool time so I will have to divide it out!

Look who got her driving permit last week!  Dear Daughter is growing up too fast!  Where does the time go?

15 Already!
Until next time.....................

Bonnie






3 comments:

  1. Those are both so cute, and I love the flowered one with the white jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind comment and for stopping by my blog. I wore the floral dress to lunch on Wednesday with my Aunt and a nice lady in the Joanne's parking lot gave me a compliment on my dress! It's a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are very pretty and stylish.

    ReplyDelete