A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, April 18, 2016

Navy Nautical Stripe Cap Sleeve ITY Knit Top

Another top for my Spring/Summer wardrobe.  I thought that this Navy stripe fabric looked nautical so a cap sleeve and a boat (bateau) neck would be fitting.


T-Shirt Fabric Choice
 I used my TNT cap sleeve knit top pattern.  I found a tutorial online here to draft a boat (bateau) neckline.  The neckline turned out great, very flattering on me.

I used a French binding technique I saw on Sewing with Nancy.  The neck binding starts about 19 minutes.  It was the first time I used it and it was easy and turned out great.

I hope this is as clear as mud.........................

Navy Nautical Stripe ITY Knit Top


French Binding on Neck
 Looks ok with my white Nick & Zoe skirt, but I've worn it with the grey one and it looks much better.

Navy Nautical Stripe Cap Sleeve ITY Knit Top


$5.98 Navy Nautical Stripe Top
Girl M wants another dress!

Off to sew something wonderful..................................

Until next time..................

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment