A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Simplicity 1072 Blue Sequin Top

I know I am suppose to be sewing "new" patterns, but I wanted another one of the Simplicity 1072 tops.  I "improved" the pattern a little to fit me a little better.  I took in at the side seams and the sleeves so the shirt didn't look so big on me.  Believe me I haven't lost any weight.........

Simplicity 1072

The blue sequin fabric was a little bit tricky to sew.  I went through 3 needles on the serger.  It was worth it though.  I REALLY like this version of the top.


Blue Multi Sequin Knit Back Fabric


Simplicity 1072 Blue Sequin Top


Simplicity 1072 Top-Side View
 I did add the band at the waist for this version.  I wasn't sure if I was going to like it, but I do....I really do! 

Simplicity 1072 Blue Sequin Top


Simplicity 1072 Top-Back view
I had a few yards of black poly/rayon nylon ponte knit from Fabric Mart left over that I used for the sides, back and sleeves. 

This version of the Simplicity 1072 top was under $10.00!  $9.92 to be exact.  But whose counting?

I am waiting for the cooler weather to get here so that I can "show off" my new top!

Until next time.......................

Bonnie

7 comments:

  1. Who doesn't love sparkles, right? I think I need this pattern too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the sequins! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind comment. I need sparkle every once in a while!

      Delete
  3. Great top! Those sequins are fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I've gotten many compliments on this top. They say my shirt is as sparkly as my personality....! I hope that's a good thing!

      Delete
  4. Using Three needles making sequin fabric may be difficult for some peoples.

    ReplyDelete