A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

McCall's 6074 Knit Pajama Dress M6074

This McCall's 6074 pattern caught my eye last month on Etsy.  It only had three pieces and looked fast to sew up.  I used a 18 top and graded out to a 22 at the hips.  The fit is great, I could have used a straight 18 and it would have been fine.

I did use my faithful knit sleeve pattern so I didn't have to finish the armhole edge.  I made a dress way back and really liked the sleeve & armhole fit so I copied it onto my brown kraft paper and I just use the patterns in place on any knit pattern I want to have that sleeve.  Easy and I know it will fit!



McCall's 6074 M6074 Knit Dress Pattern

McCall's 6074 M6074 Knit Pajamas
The pattern directions have you turn under the seam allowances on the neck edge and stitch, I made a neck band so that it looked a little more like a knit shirt.  I surged the sleeve hem and the bottom hem and left them un-turned.  Since this is only a pair of pajamas to sleep in it really didn't matter. 

The dress if very comfy and I will make another one soon.

I am looking to make a nautical theme dress in red and white stripe with a rope waist tie. 

Until next time................


Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment