A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, October 27, 2014

Re-Organized!

An organized space makes me feel like I can breathe!  The only problem is that it's so pretty that I don't want to mess it up!

I have to get my sewing mojo back AGAIN!

Here's the dining room before:
Dining Room Before

Dining Room After
Sorry about the fan photo bomb, It gets a little toasty in the afternoons and I like to try to keep the air set so I have more fabric money...............

Fabric Storage
I have moved all the fabric out of our bedroom.  I had to refold E-V-E-R-Y piece.  It only took about a week.  It was kind of nice to see fabric I haven't seen in a while or ones I forgot about.

I had just enough room on the right side so that I can fit the cutting table out of the way.

Organized Sewing Area
 
I have sorted out ribbons & elastics & buttons & trims & snaps & hooks & threads & any other little sewing notion.  They all have their place now.  No more searching and & trying to find things anymore!
 
I also made a new ironing board cover and matching sewing machine covers.  I have a yard or two of the Joel Dewberry sparrow fabric left.  What to make?
 

Sewing Machine Cover
All Safety Pins Organized-Check

Cutting & Measuring Tools Organized-Check

All Buttons Organized by Color-Double Check!
I painted all the lids a glossy red to stand out from the dark cubicles and the yolk colored walls.
 
More fabric Organized!
I folded all Fabric fat quarters to stack by colors and any fabric less than 1 yard, I folded onto comic book boards and stored upright.  I used the bottom of the china cabinet to store interfacings, battings and bulky stuff.
 
I'm tired!  I want to sew something........................  Where's my mojo?
 
Until next time.....................
 
Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment