A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

What a Difference a Year Makes

I ran across this photo from last year.  I am amazed at the difference a year makes.  Dear Hubby has lost over 70lbs and I've lost 125lbs.  I am so proud of him and honestly I can't remember him looking like this photo.  I'm happy that he's lost the weight to better his health.  Unfortunately getting old isn't easy and recently he had severe abdominal pains and took himself to Urgent Care.  At first we thought that it might be his Gall Bladder.  But after a CT scan, a 4 hour x-ray series & a nuclear scan he was informed that he had an abscess on his small intestine.

Many people suggested to him that it was caused by changing his way of eating and loosing a lot of weight.  It's funny how no one says anything while you are eating a hamburger, french fries and a chocolate milk shake,  but take off the bun and drink a glass of water and you're killing yourself!  

Dear Hubby has been diagnosed with  Meckel's diverticulum.  It's an out-pouching or bulge in the lower part of the small intestine. The bulge is congenital (present at birth) and is a leftover of the umbilical cord not completely detaching from the small intestine. Meckel's diverticulum is the most common congenital defect of the gastrointestinal tract. It occurs in about 2% to 3% of the general population.  His Doctor re-assured him that this had NOTHING to do with loosing weight and that he's at a healthy weight and in good overall health.  

We found a great Surgeon who also suggest the removal of his appendix since Dear Hubby had an infection in his intestine more than likely his appendix had been compromised also.

March 2019




March 2020
Dear Hubby had his surgery the beginning of March.  He has recovered and is now back to work.  He said he feels better than he has in a while.  I wonder if you feel bad for so long that is just becomes the "new" normal.  Since he is considered an "essential" employee he is still working and we are thankful that he is.  We are also grateful that both Sons are also still working during this time.

Girl M. turned 18 and is distance learning from home.  She has applied at the local Nursing/Rehab center but she hasn't heard back from them yet.  Her State CNA exam has been postponed.  She's more upset about that than her High School Graduation possibly being postponed.  She said she would be happy if they just mail her diploma.

I've been trying to keep my regular schedule but this past month has been a little crazy.  We are all healthy and I pray we stay that way. 

Until next time..............

Bonnie

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations to both of you. I've been a lurker on your blog for a long time and have been so impressed with your perseverance and the changes that are so visible.I do know that are as many that aren't visible too. Your persistence has inspired me to start my own journey. You're a shining example for many of us what can be done if you persevere. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulaions, you both look fantastic! I've been lurking now and again, and it's an amazing transformation for both of you :) Glad he and the kids both still have jobs-my hubby is teleworking and my son is in a restricted area sort of job so they're both relatively okay, and you're so right it's a relief to know things will go on.

    I'm glad to hear that they found the problem for your husband so quickly and took care of it, that could have gotten scary really fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You two look great! I too am a lurker and echo the other two comments. I enjoy reading your blog and have been inspired by your fabulous makes. So glad your family is doing well in these scary times. Take care, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad the surgery was successful and your husband is doing well! Also happy everyone is doing well and stay safe out there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, congrats on your weight loss. Glad to hear your surgery was successful and you all are well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, so sorry to hear of his medical issues and thank goodness it is over with now. There is enough going on 'out there' already.
    I have said it before and will say it again, you both look marvelous. Something to be sooooooo proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to you both for losing weight! I am stress eating now and that is not a good thing. Glad all is well with your DH after his surgery. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice, glad to see that the two of you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete