A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, September 2, 2019

McCall 5668 Gray Suiting Jacket

Pre-Hurricane sewing & posting.  We're still waiting to see where Dorian decides to go.  Dorian was 185mph Catagory 5 hurricane as of Sunday night creeping towards Florida at 5mph and expected to turn North on Tuesday.  Please keep us in your prayers.


I made at matching jacket to go with my slim skirt I made earlier this month.  I've made the McCall 5668 jacket a few times and I am always amazed at the outcome.  I think "I made a jacket!".


McCall 5668 Jacket

Side View

Back View
I put this tank top in the donate bag because it was too big & I wasn't sure it was worth taking it in. But I kept thinking maybe I should alter the fit and wear it with the suit I just made.  You know when something is nagging you, you should go with it.  I'm glad I did and I think it is a perfect tank with this jacket.

Tank

4 comments:

  1. Hopefully the hurricane won't be so bad when it finally arrives! And I'm glad you reworked the top because it goes perfectly with your suit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you posted today, as I was sewing I was wondering how you were doing. I like the outfit, the tank is a great pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I thought the tank fabric was a good match with this gray/brown/green colored suiting fabric. We're STILL waiting for the storm to decide where to go!

      Delete