A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, June 25, 2018

Our 26th Anniversary

Where does the time go?  26 years of marriage to the same guy!  I told him on our wedding day it was 50 or nothing and if somebody wanted his wrinkly, old butt after 50 years they can have him!  We've always joked I said that.  It's been a great 26 years and I am truly blessed.

Our wedding day was not my happiest day.  My parents were recently divorced, my Mother' friends were aggravating, and people were picking a fight with me.  I did my best to try to get Dear Hubby to elope that day but he didn't wan't everyone else mad.  I think he's tried to make up for that all these years.

We really don't celebrate our Anniversary.  When we got married we were very poor.  We didn't have a honeymoon. We ended up going to Target to buy sheets because we didn't have any for the bed.  Then the next year Boy T was born 10 days before our 1st Anniversary and it's been kids and life since then.  

Dear Hubby does make me feel special every day so what's one day a year.  We usually just exchange cards and have a steak on the grill at home.  Good days!


Wedding day 1992

Sunday morning 2018
Happy Anniversary, here's to 26 Blessed years!

Until next time....................

Bonnie

7 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! 26 years - what an achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. Good looking couple
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary. We just celebrated 33 years 10 days ago so I know how good it feels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful story. Happy anniversary and may heaven keep you both in good health to see the 50th.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary...Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The food at this place was delicious. The menu options we had at these San Francisco wedding venues were great (it was hard to choose) and one course was better than the next. It was great that they had different options for those who didn't eat what we served.

    ReplyDelete