A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Brown Twill Long Skirt

Using my hacked skirt pattern from the Church lady, I wanted a longer skirt for cooler weather.  I added 8" to the length, making the skirt lower calf length. I used brown twill fabric from my purchase from Fabric.com.  The price of this skirt is $11.96 plus one invisible zipper and notions.  Under $15.00 is pretty good if I must say so!





After wearing the skirt during our trip to Georgia for Thanksgiving I LOVE it!  The only thing that I may change is the kick pleat in the back is over 10" long.....It's very comfortable but if I were to bend over the slit comes pretty high.......

I may try to find a wool to make this with too.  I really love it!  Maybe a denim too!  Or maybe another twill?  I can't wait to get sewing!

Until next time............


Bonnie




No comments:

Post a Comment