A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Sleeveless Jersey Knit Rose Print Dress

I needed to sew up a quick dress to wear on our working trip to Georgia this past week.  The print reminds me of a pair of pajamas.  But I continued on to make up a easy wear sleeveless dress from a jersey knit that I purchased from www.fabricmartfabrics.com.

I used my usual TNT knit dress pattern with elastic waist.  I did make a different neckline.  A V-neck would be a nice change.  The armholes I just turned under and stitched, nothing too exciting there.

Sleeveless jersey knit rose print dress
 I decided to use a tutorial from Me Sew Crazy,  http://www.mesewcrazy.com/2013/07/easy-v-neck-sewing-tutorial.html.  I made my neckband a little wider since I was unsure of the width, it's fine but next time I may go a little smaller.


Jersey Knit Rose Print Dress-v neckline

Jersey Knit Rose Print Dress-backview
 This dress is very comfortable and will be a dress that will get a lot of wear.  It's cool for the humid and hot summer here in Florida plus who doesn't like roses?

School is out for the summer, so I'm going to have to adjust my schedule with the kids.  Dear hubby is on day shift for the next 3 months so we get to spend more time with him in the evenings.  We have a lot on our plate right now.  We have a travel trailer we had to repair/remodel that is in the middle of work, our back yard could use a few days of cleaning, the kids both have things they would like to do this summer, Dear hubby is going to school for a week later this month, my newest nephew is having his first birthday, Dear daughter is having her tonsils removed, and our oldest son and his fiancé are looking for a house before they get married in November.  I'm going to try my best to sew some time in between................

Until next time.........

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment