A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, January 9, 2015

Simplicity 7243 Fuchsia Version Dress with Pockets

I am thinking that the Simplicity 7243 pattern has become my tried and true pattern.  I love the style of this dress.  I love the pockets.  I love the neckline.  I love the quickness in making it.  I just LOVE this pattern!

I sized down a little more to make the fit a little more fitted.  The Ponte knit has a good amount of stretch so I removed all the ease.  I think with a solid color the princess seams really stand out. Who doesn't love good pockets?


Simplicity 7243 Fuchsia Dress www.sewplus.blogspot.com
Simplicity 7243 Fuchsia Dress

Simplicity 7243 Fuchsia Dress www.sewplus.blogspot.com
Simplicity 7243 Fuchsia Dress-Back View
The fuchsia color is not pink, not purple, not red.  I have a Bouclé fabric with light pink, fuchsia, black and white that would make a great Chanel style jacket.  (Maybe my sewing mojo is coming back!)

Until next time...............

Bonnie



2 comments:

  1. I really like this dress! Great color choice and a wonderful silhouette makes this dress a winner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carolyn, Thank you for your kind words. Believe it or not, your tri-colored ponte dress was my inspiration! Our silhouette is similar so your dress really caught my eye. Thank you again & Happy sewing.
      P.S. Keep posting & taking pictures, you are a true inspiration.

      Delete