I really don't know why I kept this pattern, maybe for a swimsuit cover-up in "B", but I'm not sure. View "C" caught my eye because it had pockets and a gathered type waist.
Well, I think this may be my "Summer Staple Dress". It's ALOT better than the picture!
I did make a muslin that I'll wear around the house. The chest area is a little big, not too much but enough that in the final I took in 1/2". I also shortened the final dress. (A little too much but I fixed that too!) In the final dress I cut the front piece on the fold so there would not be a center seam. I didn't like it going down the middle of my chest.
I loved the way the belt attached to a piece of elastic under the bust then tied in the back. This dress has pockets that are hidden in the side seams. I really like them.
I made the dress as directed for the muslin with a neck facing and facing for the armholes. I did not like the armhole facings at all. The final dress has bias binding made from the same fabric for the armholes and I made the neck facing as directed. Much smoother finish and not as fussy.
I added a 4" piece of bias cut fabric and piping along the bottom. I did cut the dress a little too short. As long as I was standing up it was fine, just at my knees, but if I were to bend over or sit it was way up in the back. I think I did a marvelous job of fixing my oops!
I also think that shortening the dress made it look a little more modern. The muslin had the dress mid calf, which was more like a night gown.
I think I have gotten my sewing mojo back so I hope to be back to posting more sewing again.
Until next time......