A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Pattern Find

This weekend on our way home from Ikea, we stopped at a thrift store.  Thrift stores are my favorite type of stores.  Because I never know what I might find or what I need until I see it!  My favorite items are Sheets (any size, color, style), Patterns (the older the better), Sewing supplies, some clothes and fabric.  This trip I came away with only 4 patterns since they were $.50 each.  I like to find them cheaper.....  But vintage patterns are a weakness of mine along with sheets...... My husband thinks I am a borderline hoarder!  But I don't think you can have enough of them.


I found a McCall's 7806 & 3588, Simplicity 5914 & 7896 Pattern

I hope to be able to work on new window treatments for our living room tonight.  I ordered the fabric from Fabric Mart a few weeks ago and I can not wait to get going on this project.  Our window are an odd shape so I just make a long sway scarf type treatment on them. 
 I takes about 9yds of fabric to reach from floor to ceiling to floor.  When I ordered the fabric from Fabric Mart the first time I only ordered 2yds, then I reordered 5 more.  They were kind enough to call me to let me know they only had 3-3/4 yds left.  I think if I cut the fabric in half lengthwise then serge together I should have a piece that is 23"wide x 11.5yds.  I may have enough left over to make some matching pillow covers too! 


Stretch Cotton Sateen Cotton Lycra
Until next time....

Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment