A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Saturday, August 10, 2024

Love Notions Timbre Peasant Dress

 Love Notions Sewing Patterns ranks among my favorite pattern companies. Their designs accommodate my shape well and are typically fast to assemble. The Timbre Peasant Dress proved to be an excellent choice for me. I appreciate a dress that's quick to make, and any garment that's comfortable for Florida's heat and humidity is a bonus. After creating a swift muslin, I noticed the skirt had ample room, prompting me to choose a smaller size.

Love Notions Timbre Peasant Dress


Muslin-Plenty of hip ease!

Mumu?

Reminds me of a one size fits all hospital gown!


After removing 4" of hip ease at each seam allowance I prefer this fit better.  Elastic at the waist helps too.

Revised muslin fits much beter

Elastic waist helps too


Back View of Muslin

I used a polyester plaid crepe fabric from my fabric stash for this version.  I added 1-1/2" to the length of the skirt and used the elastic bishop style sleeve.  No waist elastic but I made a self fabric tie/belt.

Timbre Peasant dress

Plaid poly crepe Timbre dress

I appreciated the dress pattern for its quick assembly. One day, I might attempt to create another version that's a bit more casual.

Happy Sewing

Bonnie


No comments:

Post a Comment