A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Thursday, June 6, 2024

Love Notions Chorus Dress (Muslin)

I'm a huge fan of Love Notions Patterns. Their latest release, the Chorus Dress pattern, caught my eye, and even though it's quite similar to the Styla Portofino Dress pattern I already own, I couldn't resist making it! The pattern was straightforward to sew, and I liked the pockets.

 For my trial version, I chose the short dress with a deep front neckline, draped back, and split sleeves. The draping is decent, but the dual drapes at the front and back make the dress prone to slipping off my shoulders. The sleeves are fine, but not exceptional. The combined bulk at the waist from the pockets, skirt, bodice, and elastic was overwhelming. Perhaps my choice of fabric print also played a part in my dissatisfaction.  Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the dress but I'm probably not going to finish the hem & wear it.

Love Notions Chorus Dress

Back View

Split Sleeves


I believe this pattern holds great potential, so I will attempt to sew another version of it.

Happy Sewing

Bonnie



1 comment:

  1. Check out Liftingpinsandneedles on youtube, she has some great videos with tips. Her latest was on the Chorus, and she dealt with that problem of slipping off the shoulders.

    ReplyDelete