A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, February 13, 2023

Styla Reine Top

 I saw the sleeves to the Syla Reine Top and fell in love!  I was unsure what type of fabric to use or what size to start with.  I used a 100% poly variegated french knit from my stash and purchased at Fabric Mart Fabrics.  The fabric choice may not have been ideal for this top.  It wanted to stretch out a little and was a bit scratchy too.  

I had to grade between sizes.  14 shoulders/bust, 18 waist, 20 hips and 24 sleeve!  I should have know this was not going to turn out too well!

The fabric neckband stretched out and looks wonky, I'm not a fan of the banding at the hips. One sleeve puffs funny, and it was a bit too boxy for me.  Maybe I was just grumpy this day I sewed.

Styla Reine Top

Sleeve

Gathers at sleeve

I have some ideas to make this again and better!

Happy Sewing!

Bonnie

1 comment: