A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, December 17, 2018

McCall 5668 Gray Tweed Jacket

I've had this beautiful grey piece of fabric for a few years and I have finally decided to use it.  I didn't have a tag where I purchased it and was unsure of what it was.  I believe it's a woven tweed fabric.  I started out thinking I wanted to make a long slim skirt.  Then I hesitated because there would have been leftover fabric....So I decided to sew up another McCall 5668 jacket.

After wearing the black boucle version I really, really liked the jacket pattern.  It was very comfortable and made me look slimmer.  Winning both ways!

McCall 6558 Gray Tweed Jacket

Gray Tweed Fabric Close-up

Back View

I interfaced the body pieces with Pellon EK130 knit interfacing and the sleeves are lined with a nylon lining.  Easy to sew up and the fabric has a soft hand.

I think with a simple sheath type dress or any tank and skirt this jacket will become a wardrobe staple in my closet.

Speaking of closets,  I REALLY need to go through my clothes AGAIN.  The clothes are packed in so tight they are starting to wrinkle.  Not good!

I'm off to sew something great...................

Until next time...............

Bonnie

6 comments:

  1. Love your jacket and I’m sure you will find or make something wonderful to wear with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My, that fabric is gorgeous! Great color coordinate possibilities. I see a rose/fushia and a bluish purple that would look great in a skirt/shell combo with this jacket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Yes, Yes! We think a like! I can't wait to sew something to go with it. As soon as I get through the holiday!

      Delete
  3. Great work, looking forward to seeing the dress

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely fabric. I think this will be a very versatile jacket to wear.

    ReplyDelete