A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Monday, November 12, 2018

McCall 7470 Faux Suede Shirt Dress

Girl M. has hit the jackpot the past few weeks in "new" clothes.  I wanted to make this McCall 7470 dress for her in a tan faux suede. 

McCall 7470


The pattern is pretty straight forward and nothing special but I used many of the techniques I learned from Islander Sewing Systems to sew this up.  I think that it was easier than McCall's way but it was a slow sew and I tried to take my time and not get frustrated or irritated.

McCall 7470 Faux Suede Shirt Dress

Faux Suede Fabric

Back View
The fabric has a beautiful hand and a slight stretch. A few pieces stretched a little and the notches didn't match up but after adding interfacing most pieces I made it work.  My machine did not like the fabric at all.  I had to switch back and forth between my teflon foot and my walking foot.  I had to keep my needle in the center position since it would eat the fabric with the needle in the left position????

McCall 7470 Faux Suede Shirt Dress


McCall 7470
I've never made a belt before, but it turned out very nice.  Girl M & I went to Hobby Lobby to find buttons and a belt buckle to match and she picked both out.

Back View

I liked the finished dress and hope that she will get a lot of wear out of it both as a dress and as a long duster.  She said everyone kept petting her dress at school.

I think it's time to some myself something..............

Until next time...............

Bonnie

1 comment: