A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, October 19, 2018

I WIN! Islander Sewing #232 Hangin' About Shirt

After making Boy AJ the plaid shirt I just couldn't let the pattern win.  I HAD to sew up another version.  I wonder if my fabric choice on the plaid version could have been a little part of the troubles.

I used this blue check shirting fabric for the second version and the fabric is wonderful!  It feels lovely and has minimal fray.  The fabric presses well and sews up beautifully.

I'm no quitter and I just couldn't let the pattern beat me.  The fabric of my dress form doesn't let me button up the shirt.

Islander Sewing Systems 232 Hangin out express Shirt

Back view

Yoke Close-up


Pocket

I love how this version turned out

I think Boy AJ  likes the shirt

Islander Sewing Systems 232 Hangin out express Shirt

Back View

Side view
I'm glad I won this round!  I may have to make another one since I'm on a roll.

Until next time.................

Bonnie

1 comment: