A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Friday, July 6, 2018

Back From Vacation

Our vacation was good.  A few hiccups along the way in a total of 4 flat tires, but all was ok in the end. 

That's not good!

I thought Florida was hot is the Summer, but boy, Savannah, Ga. was VERY HOT! Humid, sticky, HOT! Savannah was great and we loved all the history.  We hope to go back when it's cooler.

Savannah, Ga

Asheville, NC was beautiful.  We loved taking Girl M. to the Biltomore Estates and driving through the Blue Ridge Parkway.  The mountains were very refreshing.

Biltmore Estates, Asheville, NC

We stopped by Stone Mountain Park, Ga.  and were not very impressed.  The campground we stayed at was nice but the park itself wasn't worth the money.  We did LOVE the laser show at night, A+ show! 
Stone Mountain, Ga

Stone Mountain Park, Ga

We also we're not impressed with High Falls State Park in Jackson, Ga.  The campground was peaceful and nice but I was a little disappointed that we couldn't get near the falls.

Indian Springs State Park, Ga
The McCall 6074 dresses I made worked out great.  They were all perfect for those hot days and I added a sweater a time or two for the cooler ones.  I made slip-shorts to wear under so I didn't get chub-rub and those were lifesavers!

My Sketcher wedge shoes were also lifesavers.  I didn't think that they would be as comfortable as they were but I wore them every day!  Even the day we did Savannah!  Not a blister or sore feet!  I may order another pair!  Go Sketchers!

I may get to the sewing room this week but I've run out of hangers so I have to either go through my closet and donate a few items or I could just buy more hangers!

Until next time...............

Bonnie


3 comments:

  1. 4 flat tires, wow, that disturbing.
    I vote buy more hangers.
    Slip shorts....do tell....pattern and fabric choice please.
    Glad the Sketchers worked for you and that you overall had a good trip.
    Yea, the light show at Stone Mountain is really good usually, but the rest...bla. I have lived here for many years and haven't been to Stone Mountain in a long time. And then, only for the light show. And Savannah is best done in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. where are you lady. Hope everything is ok with you and your family. Missing you and your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Hello! School has started back and I'm hoping to back to my sewing and blogging soon! Thanks for missing me! Hugs

      Delete