A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Gray Inspiration!

I haven't been able to get much sewing done lately but I did get a chance to sneak in the sewing room this past week and sew up a dress.

My inspiration came from Pinterest as usual!

Pinterest inspiration
I added a cowl/drape neck for the dress.  I love how the jersey knit is thin enough for Florida's Fall season.  I can wear it warm with a jacket, vest or sweater and when it's warm just wear as is.

Gray Jersey Knit Dress

Cowl/Drape neck

3/4 length sleeves, elastic waist

back view

Grey jersey knit dress
I haven't hemmed the skirt yet.  I planned on wearing this dress with tall black boots.  I'm thinking a 42" below the knee length would be good.

I'm on a roll in the sewing room.  Hopefully I keep my sewing mojo!

Until next time..............

Bonnie

6 comments:

  1. I know you will get s lot of use from this addition, and I think it will merge seamlessly into your closet. Best wishes on keeping your sew-jo in use... I know it is very hard to do things for ourself when family is around, or when renovation are under way. You have had quite the year so far...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouraging words. I'm hoping that my sewing mojo continues too and that I will also continue to finish the reno on the kitchen. I think there will be some changes in hubby's work schedule soon and that will help with my motivation too. Thank you again for all your encouragement.

      Delete
  2. I like the style, simple and elegant. What pattern did you use? Also, where did you get your dressmaker form? I have been teetering between making one versus buying one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments. I don't really have a pattern number I use. I had a knit top sloper I liked and the skirt is just two rectangles. I added elastic for the waistband and my sleeve length of choice. It's a frankenpattern..... My dress form is old, but it had dials to enlarge/change size. I love it, the only problem I have now is that it's a plus size form and it's at the smallest size and it's really too big. I've always wanted to make a dress form of my body so that my small shoulders/sway back/larger hips were included but I don't have a sewing buddy to help with making one. Let me know if you plan on making one, I'd love to see the process and the good vs the bad. Thanks for stopping by to chat with me.
      Ps. Florida farmwife? Where in Florida?

      Bonnie

      Delete
  3. Tallahassee, the "armpit". I have seen a dress form pattern made from your measurements on Bootstrap fashion, but I'm not sure if I want to tackle that big of a project. I may settle for the duct tape version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Armpit......LOL! I'm from west central Florida. The HOT spot!
      Be brave, tackle making a dressform & let me know how it goes.

      Delete