A blog about my adventures in sewing & crafting

Thursday, September 4, 2014

New Look 6853 Vest & Butterick 5649 Skirt Fall is Coming!

Fall is my F-A-V-O-R-I-T-E time of year!

I thought that since it's only Fall about a week here in Florida I would just go ahead and make my own Fall season!

August 4th I decorated the house in all my Fall stuff, then I thought I would just go ahead and work on a Fall wardrobe too!

New Look 6853 Vest Butterick 5649 Skirt www.sewplus.blogspot.com
New Look 6853 Vest Butterick 5649 Skirt
The New Look 6853 Vest was super easy to make, I only had to add my usual hip increase.  I like the princess seams for easy increase.  I take my increase and divide it by 12.  It's usually only about 1/2" or less at each seam allowance.  

I found this orange t-shirt in the closet and I thought it went very well.  The fabric also has lime green and purple, yellow and a little beige too.  The fabric I purchased over the summer at www.fabricmartfabrics.com I'm sure it was on sale cheap, It was wonderful to work with!  Soft as a baby's bottom and just a little stretch and noooooooo fuzz everywhere!

The Butterick 5649 skirt was easy too.  The only trouble I had with the directions was for the fly front zipper.  I watched a few youtube tutorials and it came out fine.  The length was perfect too.  Not too short!

I did have enough fabric left over I made DD the Butterick 5649 skirt too.  I love it on her, she's just ok with it.

New Look 6853 Vest www.sewplus.blogspot.com
New Look 6853 Vest 

Butterick 5649 Skirt www.sewplus.blogspot.com
Butterick 5649 Skirt
I'm making a muslin of a woven fabric pattern to make for a knit dress.  I have hundreds of patterns and NOT ONE for a knit dress I had in mind!  I will make due!

Until next time...........................

Bonnie


No comments:

Post a Comment